Digital signage is used for many different purposes and there is no definitive list. However, below are some of the most common applications of digital signage:
- Public information – news, weather and local (location specific) information, such as fire exits and traveler information.
- Internal information – corporate messages, such as health & safety items, news, and so forth.
- Menu Information – pricing, photos, ingredients, and other information about the food(s) being offered, including nutritional facts.
- Advertising – usually either related to the location of the signage or using the audience reach of the screens for general advertising.
- Brand building – in-store digital signage to promote the brand and build a brand identity.
- Influencing customer behavior – directing customers to different areas, increasing the “dwell time” on the store premises, and a wide range of other uses in service of such influence like in hospitals, health organizations etc.
- Enhancing customer experience – applications include the reduction of perceived wait time in the waiting areas of restaurants and other retail operations, bank queues, doctor office, hospitals, health organizations, and similar circumstances, as well as demonstrations, such as those of recipes in food stores, among other examples.
- Enhancing the environment – with interactive screens (in the floor, for example, as with “informational footsteps” found in some tourist attractions, museums, and the like) or with other means of “dynamic wayfinding”.
You can too get a digital signage done by us. Our staff at Captivating Signs will be glad to help you. We are the expert in digital signage of all kinds. Contact us for a free quote.